Re: Official Docker Image for Apache Zeppelin 0.7.2

Re: Official Docker Image for Apache Zeppelin 0.7.2

Park Hoon
Hi, devs.

A few months ago the community started to create official docker image for Zeppelin. As of 0.7.2, release process includes building docker image. Thus, every release can ship its own docker image.

You can test the docker image for 0.7.2 with this command.

docker run -p 8080:8080 --rm --name zeppelin apache/zeppelin:0.7.2

or you can set docker volume options to persist notebooks and logs like

docker run -p 8080:8080 --rm -v $PWD/logs:/logs -v $PWD/notebook:/notebook -e ZEPPELIN_LOG_DIR='/logs' -e ZEPPELIN_NOTEBOOK_DIR='/notebook' --name zeppelin apache/zeppelin:0.7.2

And here are few links which might be helpful

Since this is an initial version, it might include some bugs or be not easy to configure some options.

Hope that we can improve the docker file and deliver flexible images to the community for various environments and use cases.

Thanks.

FYI, if you are having trouble with access localhost:8080, try to clear browser caches like

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Park Hoon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, users.

[...]

moon
Administrator
Great work!

Tested basic features and it's working well.

I think it'll help user a lot when
http://zeppelin.apache.org/download.html have
some guide (or link to guide) for docker image.

Thanks,
moon