Share data using zeppelin context

Minudika Malshan
Hi all,

I am implementing a interpreter for SiddhiQL which is a real time complex
event processing engine.
Currently I have three interpreters and I need to share data among all the
paragraph belongs to these three interpreters.
For example, let's say when I entered a string from one paragraph, I should
be able to retrieve it from another paragraph.
What is the best way to accomplish this task?

Further more, I have added some html pages to the interpreter results so
that user can interact with the UI. For retrieve those data which user
enter from that html page, I need to use servlets which are running on
another JVM. In this case, I cannot directly share those data with the
interpreter context.
Please let me know how to get rid of this issue..

Your advises are much appreciated.

Thanks and regards!

--
*Minudika Malshan*
Undergraduate
Sri Lanka.
<https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/minudika-malshan/100/656/a80>

Re: Share data using zeppelin context

Minudika Malshan
adding alex and moon

Sri Lanka.
<https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/minudika-malshan/100/656/a80>

Re: Share data using zeppelin context

moon
Administrator
Hi,

You can get ResourcePool [1] from InterpreterContext [2]. ResourcePool will
allow one interpreter put java object and the other interpreter get, when
object is serializable.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
moon

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-interpreter/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/resource/ResourcePool.java
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-interpreter/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/interpreter/InterpreterContext.java#L117

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM Minudika Malshan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> adding alex and moon
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Minudika Malshan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am implementing a interpreter for SiddhiQL which is a real time complex
>> event processing engine.
>> Currently I have three interpreters and I need to share data among all
>> the paragraph belongs to these three interpreters.
>> For example, let's say when I entered a string from one paragraph, I
>> should be able to retrieve it from another paragraph.
>> What is the best way to accomplish this task?
>>
>> Further more, I have added some html pages to the interpreter results so
>> that user can interact with the UI. For retrieve those data which user
>> enter from that html page, I need to use servlets which are running on
>> another JVM. In this case, I cannot directly share those data with the
>> interpreter context.
>> Please let me know how to get rid of this issue..
>>
>> Your advises are much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks and regards!
>>

>> --
>> *Minudika Malshan*
>>
> Undergraduate
>> University of Moratuwa
>> Sri Lanka.
>>
> <https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/minudika-malshan/100/656/a80>
>>

> --
> *Minudika Malshan*
> Undergraduate
> University of Moratuwa
> Sri Lanka.
> <https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/minudika-malshan/100/656/a80>

Re: Share data using zeppelin context

Minudika Malshan
Hi,

Thanks a lot. I am looking into it.
Also could you please give me any tips to share data between servlet and
interpreter which are running on separate JVMs.
Currently I am using natty servers and clients to exchange data between
those instances.

Thanks again.

Sri Lanka.
<https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/minudika-malshan/100/656/a80>

Re: Share data using zeppelin context

Minudika Malshan
Hi,

I need to keep some data which are unique to a paragraph of an interpreter.
For the same interpreter, different paragraphs may have different data. (eg
: say value of a variable).
But those data should be shared within the paragraph too.
Is it possible to achieve this requirement using resource pool?
It would be a great help if you can give me some resources or examples for
such implementation.

Thanks a lot.

Sri Lanka.
<https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/minudika-malshan/100/656/a80>

Re: Share data using zeppelin context

Rusty Phillips
You can choose to share anything you like in a resource pool simply by
giving the resource you wish to share a different name.  Resource pools
only require a name to work.

Sharing with the front-end, however, is a different beast and is currently
not in the codebase.

There is a pull request which is an implementation of that (which could
potentially going to be changing a bit, as it has not yet been approved for
inclusion in the codebase):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/782